Alumni Relations & Outreach
Founded in 1929, the Georgia State University Alumni Association provides a comprehensive array of programs and services to serve alumni and keep them in touch, informed, involved and invested in their Alma Mater. With a constituency of over 175,000 graduates worldwide, the Alumni Association strives to strengthen the lifelong bond between the University and its alumni, and to help shape the future of Georgia State University.
The Georgia State University Foundation has played a critical role in the emergence of Georgia State University as a leading public research university. The foundation and its donors are important sources of operating, endowment and capital funds. Recent accomplishments of the foundation include:
- Renovation of the Rialto complex and the construction of the Helen Aderhold Learning Center and the Parker H. Petit Science Center
- Administration of more than 300 endowed scholarships and 160 endowed professorships and chairs
- More than $20 million in funding for the university in fiscal year 2011
- Over $86 million the past five years in funds raised on behalf of the university from alumni, friends, corporations and foundations
- Asset management of more than $420 million, including $81 million in endowment funds at the end of fiscal year 2010
The Georgia State University Foundation is a tax-exempt charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts to the foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.