In a given academic year, we offer scholarships in Journalism and speech. The applications for these Scholarships are made available in January, and the deadline for the Department Scholarship has been extended to April 16th.
For the highest consideration to receive these scholarships, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Declared major: Print, Telecommunication, Speech, or PR
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Classification of Junior or Senior
- Minimum of at least one semester (spring) remaining at GSU.
Applicant must also submit:
- 3 letters of recommendation on official letterhead (one from Communication faculty)
- a 500-word essay explaining your personal goals and interests, and why you are pursuing a career in a field related to your major.
*Remember to view the details of each scholarship as some requirements may vary (e.g. writing samples or an additional application)
Apply Now For students who may be looking for additional scholarship information you may go to the Scholarship Office located in 251 Sparks Hall.
It recognizes GSU’s most outstanding public relations major and awarded to a junior or senior journalism major who has demonstrated a commitment to professionalism, high ethical standards, devotion to the profession of PR, and outstanding academic achievement.