- GSUTV: 3-time EMMY Award Nominee (2018)The Department of Communication is proud to announce that GSUTV stands out as a relevant contender among the most prestigious in the television production industry after acquiring—not one, not two but—three 2018 EMMY award nominations. An Emmy Award, or simply Emmy, recognizes excellence in the television industry, and is the equivalent of an Academy Award, the… more »News
- 2018 Master’s Hooding & CommencementCongratulations to each of our 2018 Master’s graduates! We only wish you the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for showing the world how we can thrive and excel in your educational pursuits #thestateway ! Check out this short highlight reel from the College of Arts & Sciences hooding & commencement, featuring our Communication… more »News
- Communication student wins first place prize at 2018 GSU Research ConferenceCongratulations to Alexis Gaffney—student of Communication faculty Dr. Rasha Ramzy—who earned a first place prize among all oral presentations in the humanities discipline at the GSU Undergraduate Research Conference (GSURC) yesterday! GSURC is an interdisciplinary undergraduate research conference which highlights and recognizes the research taking place across Georgia State’s campus. Each year Georgia State undergraduate students… more »News
- Professor Russell Publishes New ManuscriptABSTRACT Communication researchers have deplored the absence of theory-driven criteria of argument quality in persuasion. Probabilistic Persuasion Theory (PPT) aims to offer theoretical criteria which define the quality of arguments, a priori. Past experimental research tested the validity and distinctiveness of cues as argument quality criteria. Drawing on semantic network theory, the present research introduces… more »News
- Communicating Activism in a “Post-Truth” Era Panel We would like to thank the students, teachers, activists, and community members who attended our panel. Also, on behalf of all Panthers and the Atlanta community, much appreciation goes to Tariq Baiyina, Genesis Be, Bill Taft, Aisha Yaqoob, and Todd Wolfson for coming to Georgia State University to speak to our student body and community… more »News
- Professor Repnikova Awarded Research FellowshipProfessor Maria Repnikova has been awarded a 2018 research fellowship from the Social Science Research Council’s InterAsia Program Transregional Junior Scholar Fellowships program, which is funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Hers was one of 14 awarded (out of 134 applications). Congratulations, Dr. Repnikova!! “Since 2012, the SSRC has offered a Transregional Research Fellowship program… more »News
WHY COMMUNICATION AT GSU?
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA! @GSUCommDept