We are excited to announce that Return to Vietnam, a production of GSUTV has another nomination! They are nominated for the Best Domestic Documentary… more »
- GSUTV at the Cobb International Film Festival We are excited to announce that Return to Vietnam, a production of GSUTV has another nomination! They are nominated for the Best Domestic Documentary by the Cobb International Film Festival and will be screened at the Festival on August 1, 2019. RETURN TO VIETNAM Feature Film (Documentary) a film by Bob Judson & Anh… more »News
- Alumni News: Congratulations to Dr. Nneka Logan, Class of 2013 Congratulations to Dr. Nneka Logan, who received her PhD in Communication from Georgia State in 2013. She received a promotion from Virginia Tech to an associate professor! We are so proud of your accomplishments, Dr. Logan!News
- Congratulations Kara Nelson!Congratulations Kara Nelson, a Georgia State University Journalism student, for her 2019 Southeast Student Production Award presented by NATAS Southeast Foundation! Kara won the award for College Video Essay with her work on Student Turns Home into an Art Exhibit which was awarded Saturday, June 8, 2019. We are all proud of you!News
- Maria Repnikova: 2019 Best Book Award for the International Journal of Press/Politics Congratulations to Maria Repnikova, Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication, for winning the 2019 Best Book Award from the International Journal of Press/Politics with “Media Politics in China: Improvising Power Under Authoritarianism.” The International Journal of Press/Politics Best Book Award honors internationally-oriented books that advance our theoretical and empirical understanding of… more »News
- GSUTV: 4-time Telly Award Winner (2019)Please join the Department of Communication in congratulating our own GSUTV for winning four Telly Awards this year! Refugees Give Back was a Silver winner and they also received three Bronze awards. These awards are indicative of the diligence and hard work our staff and students have put into their work. This industry recognition highlights… more »News
- Georgia State ranks 2nd in the country for Federal R&D funds for Communication Georgia State University, per the National Center for Science and Education Statistics’ Higher Education Research and Development (HERD) Survey for fiscal year 2017, is ranked second for Federal R&D funds received for “Communication and communications technologies.” The Higher Education Research and Development Survey is the primary source of information on R&D expenditures at U.S. colleges… more »News
WHY COMMUNICATION AT GSU?
Congratulations to Dr. Nneka Logan, who received her PhD in Communication from Georgia State in 2013. She received a promotion from Virginia Tech to… more »
Check out the interview our own Mia Bloom gave to the Sri Lanka Guardian for their article “Attacks On Peaceful Muslims Fuelling The ISIS… more »
Follow Us on Twitter! @GSUCommDept Check out GSUTV on YouTube!