Listen to Dr. Dror Walter speak with “On Second Thought” host Virginia Prescott on How QAnon Is Migrating From The Dark Web Into Georgia… more »
- New Article by Graduate Student Congratulations to our graduate student, Ayse Lokmanoglu, for the publication of her article in Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, Coin as Imagined Sovereignty: A Rhetorical Analysis of Coins as a Transhistorical A rtifact and an Ideograph in Islamic State’s Communication.News
- GSUTV Productions Nominated for 3 Southeast Emmy Awards! The Department of Communication is proud to announce that GSUTV stands out as a relevant contender among the most prestigious in the television production industry after acquiring three 2020 Southeast Emmy award nominations. An Emmy Award, or simply Emmy, recognizes excellence in the television industry, and is the equivalent of an Academy Award, the… more »News
- GSUTV Brings Home 14 Telly Awards this Year! Once again GSUTV is bringing home awards! Please join the Department of Communication in congratulating our own GSUTV for winning fourteen Telly Awards this year! These awards are indicative of the diligence and hard work our staff and students have put into their work. This industry recognition highlights the growth GSUTV has had since it’s… more »News
- Keeping up with GSUTVGSUTV’s small (and safe) crew was in Cleveland interviewing photojournalist Ron Haeberle for the third Vietnam series. Ron was present on the ground in the village of My Lai on March 16, 1968 when over 500 Vietnamese women and children were massacred by American GI’s. His pictures of the My lai Massacre in 1969 appeared… more »News
- GSU PRSSA Attends State ConferenceThe Georgia State Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) attended the annual state Public Relations Society of America Conference on Friday, Feb. 28. The conference, held at The Coca Cola Plaza in Atlanta, was designed to bring communications professionals and aspiring students together for industry updates, informational sessions, panels and networking… more »News
WHY COMMUNICATION AT GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY?
The Department of Communication is proud to announce that GSUTV stands out as a relevant contender among the most prestigious in the television production… more »
Contact the Department of Communication
We ask that you check the gsu.edu main page for information about Georgia State University’s operating status. Contact your instructor by email for information about your course. You may also contact staff during this time via email. Please be patient with our responses and rest assured that we will respond as soon as we can.
Please contact the staff below for information about:
Graduate Program:Tawanna Tookes
Equipment Checkout/Return:Kristen Brown
Undergraduate Class Authorizations:Faith LeFebvre
- To get department approval or prerequisite waiver for Communication courses, go to the A&S Registration Assistance page and fill out the form for the correct semester.
- To get department approval for course substitution or evaluation of transfer credit, go to the CAS Undergraduate Course Petition page and complete the form.
Office Hours:Office Hours (Available Remotely):
Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
Office Hours (In Person):
Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Follow Us on Twitter! @GSUCommDept Check out GSUTV on YouTube!