- To hire everyone who needs hiring
- to promote everyone who needs promoting
- to solve every problem that needs solving
- to sign everything that needs signing
“Problem Solver, Policy Enforcer”
- Personnel Issues including directing faculty reviews, recruiting/hiring of Limited Term Faculty/Part Time Instructors, handling student complaints
- Course Scheduling including curriculum and instructor rotations, oversight of private classroom space, workload implementation for all levels of instructors
More Info/fun fact(s): triathlete, football fan, born and raised in West Virginia
“Departmental Data Aggregator”
- Maintain all financial records of budgets (revenue and expenses) from multiple funding sources and monitor departmental expenditures and reimbursements; approves expenditures.
- Handle the financial affairs where applicable: journals, forecasting, account reconciliation, monthly budget review, posts accounting transactions to general ledger accounts, and processing payroll.
More Info/fun fact(s): “I have been a butcher, baker, and a candle stick maker; Traveled to 41 of the 50 states; and visited the Decorah Ice Cave and my flash light died during journey”
“Mrs. Sparkle: the Facilitator”
Manage and support the general day-to-day operations of the front office. Oversee the support of student assistants with daily duties as well as act as department liaison for major projects and events. Facilitate and maintain the departmental calendar for meetings and prepare travel/ hotel arrangements for guest within the department. Collect and administer departmental book adoptions, also while managing the office spaces for instructors and graduate students.
More Info/fun fact(s): “Umbrellas is my Thing! I am a Friend to the friendless, giver in many ways and always on the move!”
“The Savvy Administrator”
Manages all aspects of the graduate program (admissions; assistantship program including HR processes for graduate assistants; graduation audits; advisement; graduate database; orientations and recruitment efforts)
More Info/fun fact(s): Is interested in the well being of children and coordinate efforts for several local organizations; thrift store fanatic; loves taking Amtrak to destinations; and is slowly (but surely) realizing her goal of visiting all major cities in the US
“Olivia Pope of Undergraduate Support”
Undergraduate support for registration, scholarships, grades, grade and registration changes, calendar host for conference rooms, ARL and Dr. Lisby
More Info/fun fact(s): “I love unicorns, I pledged Zeta Phi Beta Sorority at the graduate level, I love to sing.”
“Professional Juggler of Parcels”
- Keeping inventory of all video/audio equipment used by students and the GSUTV equipment used for productions.
- Overseeing all student checkouts from Langdale Hall 106.
- Maintaining Mac workstations in the Department of Communication computer classrooms
More Info/fun fact(s): “I love the freedom of riding my motorcycle anywhere there are great roads and scenery. I’m a drummer. I know every line of the movie ‘The Princess Bride’.”
- Serves as class scheduling administrator, works to schedule instructors in Banner and resolve class scheduling issues.
- Managing department website and social media and other department public relations
More Info/fun fact(s): “I am an old school geek who loves Star Trek and new Doctor Who, as well as Science Fiction and Fantasy books and movies. And, more importantly, am super proud of my kids. If you want to distract me, ask me to show you pictures and videos of them!”