Preference will be given to applications submitted by Friday, April 3, 2020. Applications received after that date will be accepted on a rolling basis until the committee meets to make its final decisions. Place all information into a large envelope with your name written on the outside. Please send your application and materials to Faith LeFebvre, Department of Communication, 825 Twenty Five Park Place, Atlanta, GA 30302-5060. Or turn in to room 800 on the 8th floor of 25 Park Place NE by 5:00 pm.
For the highest consideration to receive these scholarships, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Declared major: Print, Telecommunication, Speech, or PR
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Classification of Junior or Senior
- Minimum of at least one semester (spring) remaining at GSU.
Applicant must also submit:
- 3 letters of recommendation on official letterhead (one from Communication faculty)
- a 500-word essay explaining your personal goals and interests, and why you are pursuing a career in a field related to your major.
*Remember to view the details of each scholarship as some requirements may vary (e.g. writing samples or an additional application)
Apply Now For students who may be looking for additional scholarship information you may go to the Scholarship Office located in 251 Sparks Hall.
It recognizes GSU’s most outstanding public relations major and awarded to a junior or senior journalism major who has demonstrated a commitment to professionalism, high ethical standards, devotion to the profession of PR, and outstanding academic achievement.